Hi, I'm Sarah Kastrau. I'm a photographer and have self-published ten photobooks & zines so far, and I want to make many more. This is why I launched my own subscription program Futurebooks.
What you get when you join
You can support Futurebooks for 9 €/month. Your membership includes:
- Always 20% discount on all books in my shop.
- Mystery Mail: A surprise package of printed goods, sent 2-3 times a year.
- Free download of the digital version of sold out books.
- Exhibition previews: A personal guided tour to upcoming exhibitions.
- Work-in-progress: Previews of books in the making.
- Discounts on future projects.
What gets made with your help
My current bookmaking plans for 2022 are:
- A first edition of the Concrete Island book. Urban wilderness, land art and little bit of tresspassing.
- A second edition of Zum Metzger muss man geboren sein. True crime, found footage and a German serial killer on the run.
- Another round of the currently sold-out Fear Of The Monolith. Brutalist architecture meets H.P. Lovecraft.
Projects for 2023 and beyond:
- Complete and publish my font "Maitland".
- Turn my Lightsick series into a book.
- Finish the Tokyo Photobook Project.
- Another unpublished zine titled "Zwoviersechs". It's sort of the prequel to Concrete Island, but with more cats.